Customer Service Rep
Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for all transactions with customers regarding spare part sales for TRUMPF Laser products in the United States and Canada. Expedite orders as needed. Continuously review open customer orders and ensure deliveries as promised.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Process incoming requests from customers via phone, fax and email regarding all spare part inquiries (i.e. price, availability, lead time, etc.)
- Review customer account to determine status with TRUMPF credit department prior to shipping parts. Work with credit department and customer to resolve any outstanding payment issues.
- Process credit card payment for orders when customer requests.
- Process blanket PO’s and ensure deliveries per customer schedule
- Process emergency same day shipments when required. Obtain same day freight charges and ensure customer’s order is processed with accurate costs and that it meets customer promised delivery.
- Issue Return Authorizations for any parts TRUMPF requires to be returned (i.e. defective parts under system or parts warranty, exchange program / core credit items, etc.).
- Follow up with customers on any open returns to ensure TRUMPF receives in a timely fashion. If not returned, generate invoices when appropriate.
- Ensure all Customs/Duties requirements are fulfilled on any international shipments.
- Generate “drop-ship” orders when required to send parts from 3rd parties to our customers. Ensure all POs are received in system at time of drop ship and corresponding sales orders are invoiced to customer.
- Monitor prices for compliance with German Master Price List and any special pricing conditions are adhered to for customers with those agreements.
- Support other departments with their spare part requirements as needed (i.e. Field Service/Technical Support and Product Management Team)
- Actively promote sales of spare parts. Pursue new opportunities and recoup lost business when possible.
- Any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by management
- Adhere to all company guidelines
Occasional business travel for meetings and/ or training may be required (<10%), this may require occasional overnight stays
- Must maintain Valid Driver’s License
Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office, and ability to conduct normal amount of work on a computer
Education & Experience
Two years’ experience in fast paced Order Entry – Customer Service department is a must
- One year of SAP experience
- Experience in Automotive or Industrial parts supply or distribution environment is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and handle multiple tasks
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail
- Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
TRUMPF Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as need arises. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Customer Service Rep using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Jennings from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say