Integration Support Engineer
Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
The Project Integration Engineer works in the Services Department of TRUMPF Laser Technology Center in Plymouth, MI. She/he is responsible for providing world class customer support to an increasing customer base. The Project Integration Engineer is responsible for consulting in all technical questions about our Laser products, supporting integrators and end customers with automation and integration topics and making on-site support visits as needed. The Project Integration Engineer is an in-house expert for 5-axis machines and will also provide customized training for our service engineers to ensure high level of service quality with complex systems.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Interface with customers and company personnel in a professional manner
- Be involved in customer escalation relate
- Support internal and external customers by consulting and providing solutions for 5-axis laser systems integrated to 3rd party handling systems, robots, fixtures, sensor systems, factory IT infrastructure and other. These functions may relate to pre-sales or aftersales requests.
- Work in close collaboration with TRUMPF application engineers and technical service to deliver best in class holistic support to our customers
- Address technical or quality issues, elaborate together with R&D solution proposals to improve the product or service performance, be a liaison between customer and technical service or other departments (e.g. R&D), assure proper subsequent measures.
- Improve technical service quality by organizing high level training or workshops on selected topics.
- Manage projects originating from customer requests, retrofit requests and quality feedback; manage quality documentation related to these cases, implement technical solutions in coordination with TRUMPF development and project management. Make proposals for corrective actions.
- Review and prepare technical service cases to advise in management decisions on customer statements.
- Act as a subject matter expert in the field of 5-axis laser systems and other mechatronic equipment
- Assist customers and service in issues with functional extension of 5-axis laser cutting or laser welding machines
- Consult our sales or aftersales team with the goal to quote the optimal solution for new systems or retrofits on 5-axis laser systems
- Any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by management
- Adhere to all company guidelines
Up to 25% travel due to on-site support at customer sites
- Must maintain Valid Driver’s License
- Occasional overnights as needed
Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office and a production facility, and ability to conduct normal amount of work on a computer
Education & Experience
Engineering degree, (4-year bachelor’s degree in Electric Engineering or related field preferred)
- 3-5 years of professional experience in related field required
- Ability to work independently and self-manage projects, or manage projects involving multiple internal and external parties
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail is required to be able to provide best in class customer support
- Skilled in using and generating technical and quality documentation
- Experience with automated manufacturing equipment and environment,
- Basic laser application knowledge (in laser welding or laser cutting)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to understand and explain complex technical topics
TRUMPF Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as need arises. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Integration Support Engineer using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Jennings from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say