TRUMPF is seeking candidates for a Purchasing Internship in our Farmington, CT location. This internship will provide a college-level student with practical and professional experience that will enhance and complement their classroom learning. The internship will be from August 2021 to December 2021.
Primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the strategic purchasing department in planning and execution of procurement processes
- Independently working on cross-departmental topics including communicating procurement issues to internal and external suppliers and negotiating resolutions
- Assisting our strategic purchasers in the selection, assessment and development of critical suppliers.
- Cost reduction projects in the field of technology and product group management
- Preparing and supporting price negotiations with critical suppliers
- Analyzing spend within a commodity group for preparation of negotiation or request for quote
- Material price comparisons between Europe and the USA for identical parts,
- Supporting and developing the make or buy process, and supporting commodity group strategies for non-production material commodities such as logistics, consumables, IT, facilities management, etc.
- Creative, critical, and analytical thinking skills
Effective written and verbal communications
Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Must be a student enrolled and an accredited university or institution pursuing an undergraduate's degree in a business related field.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Purchasing Internship using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Wik from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say