Software Support Engineer
The Software Support Engineer would be a part of the TRUMPF software group that focuses on Industry 4.0 software solutions for the next generation Smart Factory. The group is responsible to detail, implement and fully support TruTops Fab and programming software solutions for TRUMPF customers
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Support TRUMPF’s TruTops Fab system & TruTops Boost programming software.
- Integration of software for next generation Smart Factory automation systems.
- Plan, implement & update software solutions at customer sites. Provide customer training.
- Assess process value chain and adapt TRUMPF software solutions to customer needs.
- Support customers with questions and troubleshooting over phone, email, and sometimes onsite.
- Communicate and coordinate with other teams working on the same project.
- Provide software support for in-house production at TRUMPF Smart Factory in Chicago area.
- Up to 50% travel for projects in USA, Canada and Mexico.
- 2 years experience in a Software Systems or Software Support Engineering position.
- Understanding of SQL as well as MS SQL Server, efficiency with Windows Server operating systems, knowledge of system networking, and familiarity with client-server software.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience with CAD/CAM programming software for machine tools is highly desirable.
- Understanding of ERP systems, as well as the integration process with the aforementioned software solutions is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing value stream and CNC machine technology desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Software Support Engineer using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say