Field Service & Technical Manager
Field Service and Technical Manager for service and support of “Americas” installation base of Huettinger generators. Manage service personnel for field service and in-house repairs. Oversee repairs, warranty issues and after delivery quality check. Work with TE and TUSE management to identify and resolve customer issues.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and support field service engineers for customer support both in-house and in the field.
- Return parts evaluation, repair scheduling (in SIS), establishing priorities, repair pricing, warranty coverage and returns.
- Schedule service trips and related information (in SIS)
- Backup for field service customer visits
- Hands on assist with in-house equipment repairs and testing
- Maintain customer tracking via SIS and customer files.
- Provide customer and employee training, in-house and onsite.
Service Team Management
- Assure up to date knowledge of all service engineers (target level 4 points in 5 max level)
- Service dept. employee annual reviews, PTO requests approvals, incentive goal reviews and other necessary activities to manage service team
- Review and approve expenses, repair / field reports for service department.
- Employee training covering SIS, SAP, world wide service department activities.
- 24hour on call customer support management (via answering service and cell phone)
- Assure immediate (max 24 hour) response time for all of customers
- Assure all of the cases are requested in SIS
- Quote spare parts and give technical advice related to spares
- Spare parts inventory (service transfer stock, consignment stock, service contracts parts) management. Identify new parts, evaluate parts quantities, obsolete parts. Cooperation with TUS in case of spare parts stock content assigned for the 3rd party customers
- Maintain spare parts sales tracking via SIS and customer files
- Service contacts quotations, sales and customer management management in cooperation with Sales Department
- Service contract spare parts stock management
- Service contract agreements preparations
- Assure fulfillment of all commitments to customers with are parts or contracts
After delivery quality control
- Oversee test field building facilities
- Oversee test equipment including, calibrations, purchasing, quality control
- Technical support for sales department, including customer equipment needs, demo equipment maintenance, setup and testing.
- Support and if necessary organize shipping/receiving operations do to assure turnaround time goals
- SIS reporting (SIS key user for TUSE)
- Internal service performance reporting
- Service performance reporting to TE
- Attend intercompany meetings with TE, TUS, service related, safety related.
- Work with TE to support world wide service commitments
Geographical Areas Covered
- USA, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, South America, telephone support worldwide.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Field Service & Technical Manager using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say