Material Resource Planning (MRP) Controller
"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
Schedule, release, and expedite purchase/production orders from Requirements List. Maintain timely and accurate product master data utilizing business system. Responsible for training others in all aspects of MRP activities.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Plan, schedule, and release production/purchase orders for requirements driven by make-to-order and make-to-stock sales/service/spare parts requirements using the SAP business system.
- Load and maintain accurate material masters, BOM’s, and determine procurement process MRP driven vs. Kanban.
- Timely coordination of processing of ECN’s related to product line implementation date.
- Document all part shortages and parts requiring schedule changes from suppliers and expedite or push out material deliveries.
- Provide monthly open order reports to key suppliers and reconcile all discrepancies..
- Support Assembly floor regarding all material issues, working closely with production staff.
- Work with TRUMPF Documentation, (i.e., BOM, prints, and other necessary documentation.
- Use Microsoft products including Excel, Access, Word and Outlook for improved communication.
- Responsible for weekly cycle counts maximizing inventory turns.
MRP Key User for TUSP which the following areas:
- Training of all required personnel in the area of MRP processes.
- Project Leader for cross department MRP practices & activities.
- Representative of MRP practices for TUSP.
- Responsible for Best Practices in the area of MRP at TRUMPF’s Cranbury, NJ location.
Minimum of 5-7 years experience as a MRP Controller. Must possess a good working knowledge of lean supply chain management methods, such as just-in-time and Kanban replenishment. Must be familiar with parts lists and products. Self-starter who can take full responsibility for a project and follow through with it until completion. An individual that can lead and train others in addressing issues and get cooperation from others in a firm, yet diplomatic manner. 5+ years experience with SAP or similar material management system supporting electro-mechanical manufacturing.. Good communication skills (verbal and written). Bilingual ability (German and English) would be a plus.
4-year college degree or 5 yrs work experience in the area of material management. Certified in API/CPI or APICS a plus. SAP production module or equivalent material management system experience required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
If interested please apply using link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Calderon from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say