Head of Credit & Collections
This position leads and manages the credit and collections department which includes customer credit assessments, cash application, collecting on overdue accounts, establishing processes, training departmental employees, and setting standards.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Assign priorities for the department that meet overall financial objectives.
- Train all employees in their duties.
- Ensure the proper application of cash.
- Ensure new accounts are processed correctly regarding trade and bank references, credit applications, and overall assessment of risk.
- Ensure customer master data is correctly entered and maintained.
- Assess existing customer credit levels and adjust accounts based on payment history and other appropriate factors.
- Assign collections priorities to reduce overdue accounts in the most effective manner possible that meets departmental goals.
- Assign customer accounts to the team as appropriate.
- Ensure that all policies and regulations are maintained and can pass audits.
- Oversee commission payments to sales representatives.
- Implement continuous improvement programs that reevaluate existing processes and create new ones that further departmental tasks and goals.
- Process Dun & Bradstreet (D&B) credit reports, UCC filings and terminations.
- Work with all TRUMPF Inc. internal and external customers on accounts receivable balances.
- Monitor the company Aged Trial Balance (ATB) for large and delinquent customers.
- Communicate and work closely with all TRUMPF Inc. for problem resolution and customer support.
- Work with TRUMPF risk and finance manager to mitigate risk, reduce exposure, and work with third party leasing entities.
- Work closely with the Director to meet target requirements, improve the efficiency of the department, and make suggestions for other inter-departmental improvements.
- Communicate frequently with headquarters in Germany regarding accounts receivable credit initiatives and issues.
- Handle additional tasks/projects as assigned by management.
- Must have 10 years of credit and collections experience.
- SAP, advanced Microsoft Excel skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office products required.
- SAP key user preferred.
- German and/or Spanish proficiency a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent work experience.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Head of Credit & Collections using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say