Advanced Applications Engineer
Perform advanced functions for the Sales and Applications areas on standalone and some specialized machines in the form of product demonstrations, time studies, and post sales customer applications support.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform standard and custom demos for standalone machines, as well as at least one automated system and one niche machine with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Use TRUMPF proprietary and other software to create time studies and sample parts to customer requirements, including for at least one automated system and one niche machine.
- Provide customer trainings and production support on standalone machines, as well as at least one automated system and one niche machine.
- Provide training to new Applications Engineers, as well as employees in the Training, Engineering and Service departments on applications techniques as required.
- Provide customer technical Support via phone and email.
- Exhibit advanced programming skills (control and offline) for standard machines with current TRUMPF programming system and at least one additional offline programming software, as well as for at least one automated system and one niche machine.
- Develop new demo parts and redesign parts for customers as required.
- Exhibit a complete understanding of the benefits of specific machine features and an ability to discuss the unique value of each.
- Determine the proper selection of standard and special punch or press brake tools, or derive laser tech tables for specialty applications.
- Exhibit complete knowledge of TRUMPF technical documentation library and ability to apply it in daily work.
- Prepare and execute customer machine demonstrations at trade shows as required.
- Host Sales Rep training seminars as required.
- Ensure assigned machines are clean, fully functional and ready for demonstrations every day.
- Effectively execute additional assigned departmental tasks.
- Represent TRUMPF in a highly professional manner.
- At least 3 years applications experience in the machine tool industry required, preferably on TRUMPF products.
- Excellent communication and networking skills a must, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Basic understanding of project management and ability to train colleagues a plus.
- Minimum 2-year technical school degree, 4 year degree is preferred or the suitable equivalent of education and work experience.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Advanced Applications Engineer using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say