Fabrication Supervisor 2nd Shift
Responsible for the supervision of shop floor personnel and production in the light sheet metal area.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise all staff in the 2nd shift group in accordance to TRUMPF’s policies and principles.
- Perform various types of sheet metal fabrication work: Laser cutting, Punching, Bending, Welding, Painting with various materials on various types of parts including production, non-production, and prototypes.
- Plan and review production schedule based on forecast and KanBan and translation into Sheetmetal production plan.
- Contribute to Department Goals and concepts to be in line with TUS and TRUMPF Group Goals.
- Develop, monitor and report key figures (key performance indicators) for the Department, communicate results to team and senior management and implement necessary actions to insure satisfactory performance.
- Cooperate and communicate with local Management team and all other involved personnel in Sheetmetal or other Departments.
- Monitor spending for most cost efficient operation.
- Develop or revise standards and programs for operational procedures, organizational structure and working practices.
- Maintain and development of TQS and other quality related topics.
- Ensure proper execution of quality and operational goals.
- Support introduction of design changes and new products.
- Forecast needs for the Department regarding staffing, training and equipment.
- Creation and execution of personnel development plans.
- Plan and drive all group related SYNCHRO and six Sigma activities (SYNCHRO Road Map).
- Plan and drive all group related SYNCHRO Plus activities (SFM, TK, IK).
- Support SYNCHRO Plus activities (SFM, TK, IK) in other departments as coach.
- Interface with other Departments to ensure overall TRUMPF Inc. performance.
- Management of Safety related topics incl. creation of safety related documentation and supervision.
- Resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Writes and administers employee performance appraisals.
- Assists department management in hiring of personnel.
- Responsible for staff scheduling to include: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, and back-up for absent employees.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing supervisory position required.
- Familiarity with TRUMPF products a plus.
- Strong experience in project management and SYNCHRO required. Knowledge of SAP or any other MRP system a plus.
- Strong communication skills and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Minimum 4-year technical degree or the suitable combination of education and work experience.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Working Supervisor 2nd shift Fabrication Department using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say