"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
The Material Handler performs visual inspection, sorting, cleaning and maintaining material that is used throughout the production process and equipment spare parts including inventory, inspection and cycle counting material. Material handling includes the handling of hazardous chemicals, gases and waste. Adhere to all established procedures such as Clean Room Requirements, Work Instructions, Safety Procedures, and the Employee Handbook.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
This is a general outline of the duties required in this position. They are not meant to be all inclusive and may change from time to time as business conditions change or at management’s directive.
- Receipt of production material from Receiving into the Clean Room Materials Area.
- Visual inspection of material.
- Washing designated material before moving to Production Supermarket Area.
- Maintain an orderly and safe work area following 5S practices.
- Ability to apply independent thinking and to make non-routine decisions on his / her own.
- Inventory control and cycle count inventory material.
- Ensure all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Work with SAP [Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system].
- See that daily activities & goals are coordinated and completed.
- Work closely with other departments such as Production, Quality Purchasing, EH&S and Engineering personnel.
- Perform daily Stock Room and Material Handling activities in both clean room and warehouse environments.
- Will be required to suit-up in both clean room and hazardous clothing & apparel.
- Reclaiming and recycling of Production material.
- Operate laser marking equipment.
- The employee may be required to stand, walk, lift, pull, reach overhead and bend to the floor.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs unassisted, pass forklift safety training class.
- Working conditions – The employee will be primarily working in a clean room environment and will be required to follow all Clean Room practices and procedures.
- Valid drivers license in order to drive company vehicle.
Experience and Education
- Previous work experience in a warehouse / stock room and handling hazards chemicals and gases is a plus.
- Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, drum lifter and other material handling equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend work instruction written in English.
- Language Skills: Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees in English.
- Mathematics Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all measures, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills such as Microsoft Office. i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point.
Previous experience performing transactions in an ERP System (SAP & MES) a plus.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
If interested please apply using link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Calderon from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say