Engineering, Layout Designer
Develops non-standard machine system drawings & documents per sales and service department request. Assists the Manager with scheduling and technical details.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop Non-Standard machine layouts (95%)
- Obtain machine location and customer site specific requirements from sales.
- Design machine layout using sales information and machine units / parts library.
- Present layout / foundation to automation team for further discussion and approval by customer.
- Release and properly store through SAP finished layouts.
- Define schedule for layouts, foundation drawing and BOM’s and communicate schedules to the automation team.
- Support project engineers during the definition and evaluation of layout and foundation drawings.
- Document special configurations and keep track of drawing contents.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office, electronic file transfer (SAP preferred), creating 2D drawings (solidworks layout creator preferred).
- Must be organized, detail oriented and must have good communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Mechanical/Manufacturing engineering - Associate degree, Bachelor degree or higher preferred.
- Minimum of one to two years experience in a team environment and/or drafting/design work.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Engineering, Layout Designer using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say