Maintenance Technician - Level I (2 Openings)
"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
Position is responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and installing advanced production/manufacturing equipment for the Semiconductor Fab at TRUMPF Photonics. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair wafer fab production equipment to ensure equipment uptime during production.
- Own troubleshooting activities and maintain/update documents accordingly.
- Work from technical manuals, specifications, drawings, schematics and verbal instruction.
- Perform administrative maintenance duties including maintaining Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedules, PM reports, troubleshooting reports and re-order, maintain and organize equipment spare parts.
- Own shutdowns and startups during all facility activities on all affected semiconductor equipment.
- Oversee or perform general housekeeping
- Install, maintain and repair many different wafer fab production equipment’s.
- Basic knowledge of PLC and automation.
- Basic understanding of electrical, pneumatic, and other systems.
- Execute regular and precautionary maintenance on mounted electro-mechanical equipment
- Install electric parts and electronics using equipment including soldering irons, and able to use multimeter.
- Perform inspection on a regular basis to determine start-up problems.
- Repair and calibrate pneumatic assemblies to meet up with job specifications.
- Maintain understanding of drawings, blueprints, schematics, and equipment manuals.
- Organize company tools and maintenance area with a system to sustain order.
- Replenish consumable material on production tools such as gases, chemicals.
- Administrative maintenance duties including creating and maintaining PM schedules, parts lists, and repair logs.
- Able to work safely with toxic gases, hazardous chemicals, and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Ability to work with high voltage, confined spaces, climb ladders, lift to 75 lbs., and frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending, and kneeling.
- Facilities maintenance, including vacuum systems
- Develop a daily work schedule so that capacity can be analyzed.
- Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
- Experience with air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls.
- Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
- Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
- Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
- Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.).Review rating instructions.
- Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
- Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
- Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding specs).
- Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, in-coders, etc.).
- At least 2 year technical degree with 5 years of experience
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
If interested please apply using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Calderon from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say