Field Service/Product Support
This position is responsible for installing, troubleshooting and repairing TRUMPF CNC machines both on site and remotely.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities - Field Service
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Clearly and professionally interact with customers.
- Work closely with customers and machines to ensure equipment operates within expected tolerances.
- Pursue machine diagnosis of our internal Product Support Group (PSG) to repair TRUMPF equipment.
- Work carefully with the PSG for technical assistance and provide them with diagnostic feedback.
- At times, use visual clues, computer programs, diagnostic tools to further diagnose machine difficulties.
- Use electrical and electronic knowledge to help troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Read and utilize company repair manuals and work orders for assistance with repairs and diagnostics.
- Clean, replace or install parts to maintain smooth operation of machinery and equipment.
- Assemble, install, align equipment as needed.
- Accurately report technical conditions and information of machines to PSG and management.
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as applications, sales, engineering, production, etc.
- When needed, provide onsite training to customers for operation and/or repair of machines.
- Assist other Field Service Engineers as needed.
- Receive factory product training and technical service knowledge as needed.
- Submit organized and helpful service reports for each repair mission.
- Help to develop or adjust existing technical documentation.
- Work as required with minimal supervision in compliance with all safety requirements.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds without aid.
- Travel up to 60%. Travel includes regional and national travel.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities - Product Support
- Utilize remote diagnostics capabilities to assist and help fix customers machines. Work with service schedulers for coordinating correct field support.
- Understand technical documentation, ETK, schematics and blue prints to utilize them during telephone support.
- Utilize SIS Software system to correctly create and enter missions.
- Utilize all remote tools such as TRUMPF Visual Assistance, Watson, DMA, etc. to provide the most efficient and effective remote service possible.
- Support and promote the use of the TRUMPF Service App, TVA and condition monitoring while supporting service technicians and customers.
- Update and close cases/missions upon review and completion of service calls.
- Working knowledge of SAP software and other computer skills as required by position.
- Maintain communication with customers, Field Service Engineers and other TRUMPF Inc. personnel in a professional manner.
- In strict adherence with TRUMPF’s Telecommuting Policy.
- Attend all necessary meetings in person or by telecommunicating.
- Stay up to date with new product introductions.
- Interface with TRUMPF Inc. departments as necessary to obtain answers to technical problems.
- Report discrepancies, unresolved or recurrent problems to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Other administrative projects, office and technical tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
- Perform all requirements with minimal supervision.
- 24/7 and after hours shifts will be required.
- Experience in computer software, file management, electronics, digital circuits, wiring, mechanics and hydraulics is helpful.
- Well-mannered, able to work with all different types of customers.
- Must have and maintain a clean and valid drivers license and record.
- Associates program or technical school degree in Engineering principles or a suitable combination of education and work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Field Service/Product Support using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say