Internal Logistics Supervisor
The primary responsibility of this position is to utilize employees and technical resources to ensure material receipt, storage, and delivery is efficient and accurate. This position will manage Internal Logistics personnel accordingly.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure all Inventory transactions are processed to conformance of prescribed procedures, including but not limited to: processing excess and obsolete inventory, pulling parts from inventory, maintaining proper counts, pulling picking lists, and receive incoming materials (raw, purchased, and manufactured).
- Supervise all staff in Internal Logistics in accordance to TRUMPF’s policies and principles. Ensure employees follow TUS rules and regulations, as well as guidelines outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure employees adhere to safe working practices. Management of safety related topics, including maintenance of safety related documentation, facilitation of ergonomic workshops, safety walks, accident reporting and investigation.
- Ensure product quality and adherence to quality process requirements. Support and instruct employees to maintain quality reporting. Initiate and support corrective action as required. Cooperate with QC-team on calibration requirements for department measurement equipment and ensure QC tools are in good working condition.
- Support introduction of design changes, new products, processes and procedures. Develop or revise standards and programs for operational procedures, organizational structure and working practices.
- Address and resolve process and other work related issues. Assist employees in work related problem solving.
- Review production schedule and working queue and assign resources accordingly. Manage work flow, strife for 100% OTD (all items received into stock the same day), 0% quality defects and 100% productivity.
- Develop, monitor and report key figures (key performance indicators), communicate results to teams and management, take action to insure satisfactory performance.
- Responsible for staff scheduling: work assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations and back-up for absent employees. Preparation and execution of personnel development and training plans. Ensure staff stays abreast with training requirements, in particular safety related training.
- Forecast requirements for the department regarding staffing, training and equipment. Assists department management in hiring of personnel.
- Develop & Support achievement of departmental goals and targets. Contribute and participate in attainment of department projects.
- Manage the weekly Cycle count program: raw material, Sheetmetal, and purchased items. This includes coordinating cycle count sheet distribution with cycle count personnel, cycle count entries, reconciling discrepancies, and developing root cause and corrective actions to maintain cycle count accuracy goals
- Develop budget and monitor spending for the most cost efficient operation.
- Drive lean (SYNCHRO) improvement efforts(identify and execute opportunities for improvement) and adherence to 5s schedules.
- Writes and administers employee performance appraisals.
- Other related duties as designated by management.
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say