Field Service Engineer
Multiple positions assigned to the West Coast Office: 3169 Red Hill Ave., Costa Mesa, CA 92626. May work remotely; must live within commuting distance of office. Travel up to 100% annually in North America, primarily southern United States.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Clearly and professionally interact with customers.
- Work closely with customers and machines to ensure equipment operates within expected tolerances.
- Pursue machine diagnosis of our internal Product Support Group (PSG) to repair TRUMPF equipment.
- Work carefully with the PSG for technical assistance and provide them with diagnostic feedback.
- At times, use visual clues, computer programs, diagnostic tools, and reference prints to further diagnose machine difficulties.
- Use electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, and electronic knowledge to help troubleshoot and solve issues.
- Read and utilize company repair manuals and work orders for assistance with repairs and diagnostics.
- Clean, replace or install parts to maintain smooth operation of machinery and equipment.
- Assemble, install, align equipment daily.
- Accurately report technical conditions and information of machines to PSG and management.
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as applications, sales, engineering, production, etc.
- When needed, provide onsite training to customers for operation and/or repair of machines.
- Assist other Field Service Engineers as needed.
- Receive factory product training and technical service knowledge as needed.
- Submit organized and helpful service reports for each repair mission. Help to develop or adjust existing technical documentation. Train new field service engineers.
2 years of training or experience, or associate degree in electrical engineering, electronics engineering, mechatronics engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field. Training, experience or education (may be concurrent with 2 years or associate degree) in the following: (1) Computer software; (2) Electronics, digital circuits, and wiring; (3) Mechanics and hydraulics.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Field Service Engineer using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say