Set up and operate machine tools including CNC machines, performing initial production runs where programming, fixtures and methods are being developed. With focus on production of tooling (punches, strippers, dies), assembly and testing of tools as required.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Program, set up, and operate Wire EDM machines.
- Load new and existing programs and set up the machinery to produce highly precise short-run orders in Wire EDM equipment.
- Write and edit programs using PEPs and WINDNC.
- Numerical and Machine control fundamentals.
- Learn different types of cutting abilities (straight, taper, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret schematic drawing to ensure proper quality of parts.
- Troubleshoot and correct process related issues as they arise.
- Quality Control – Inspection of work / Measuring of parts for accuracy.
- 5S - perform daily / weekly workplace organization tasks.
- Safety – operate equipment and perform daily duties while exhibiting safe behaviors. Stay abreast on assigned safety training.
- TPM - perform daily / weekly / monthly preventative operator maintenance tasks.
- Shop Floor Management - participate in shop floor meetings.
- Minimum of 3 years EDM machining experience, excellent skills in mechanical material processing (turning, milling, grinding, EDM).
- High school graduate or equivalent.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for EDM Machinist using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say