Field Service Engineer
Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
The TRUMPF Laser Technology Center (TUSD) Field Service Engineer (FSE) is a member of the TruMark Technology Group. We support TRUMPF Customers in North America (USA, CA, and MEX) who utilize our lasers in “non-standard” applications. Responsibilities and duties include: Traveling, installing, demonstrating, troubleshooting, and repairing Lasers & Systems and Teaching Laser Technology to customers & associates.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Support TRUMPF customers in North America as a part of the technical service group
- Participate in training lasting approximately 5 - 6 months, with on-going training on existing and new products
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair TRUMPF equipment
- Demonstration and education of lasers and systems to customers and associates
- Complete basic retrofits
- Complete weekly paperwork and turn in on time
- Perform TRUMPF Service Information Platform functions according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide on-call 24/7 telephone support as required, as a part of rotating on-call support
- Based out of Plymouth, MI
- Must be located, ability to relocate or within 45 minutes of a major international airport
- Adhere to all company guidelines
- Any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by management
100% travel required, both internationally and domestically
- Includes company paid- room, rental car, air-fare, and meal per diem
- Perform extensive travel as needed, including but not limited to;
- Monday through Friday
- Some weekend work as needed, roughly 10-15 weekends a year
- Must maintain Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain Passport and rent automobile
- Overnights required
Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office, and ability to conduct normal amount of work on a computer
- Ability to lift and transport up to 70 lbs.
Education & Experience
Two-year technical degree in engineering or related field preferred, or combination of training and work experience
- Strong electrical and computer systems knowledge and learning capability, as well as, strong diagnostic skills
- Previous experience in customer service and/or field service preferred
- Experience with lasers, robotics, automation or mechatronic systems considered advantageous
- Previous experience with hand tools and measurement tools preferred
- Must have strong problem-solving and excellent organization skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Read and understand maintenance / repair instructions
- Software: Microsoft Office; Word; Outlook; Excel and PowerPoint
TRUMPF Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as need arises. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Field Service Engineer using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Jennings from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say