Smart Factory Project Manager
The Smart Factory Project Manager is primarily responsible for the successful delivery of complex Smart Factory projects from order through system acceptance. These are typically multi-million dollar projects with timeframes up to 24 months. A successful project manager provides excellent support and guidance to customers throughout the project’s execution phase and coordinates all necessary resources and departments within TRUMPF, including US and overseas based colleagues from Sales, Engineering, Software, Service, Assembly, Logistics, Training and Applications – to ensure successful project completion and customer satisfaction.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate, and monitor installation projects of large, customized automation systems.
- Guide customers through the entire installation process from the first pre-install site visit to system acceptance and sign-off.
- Create a detailed project timeline that clearly defines all necessary activities, all respective responsibilities (TRUMPF, suppliers, and the customers) and all milestones / due dates of the installation.
- Coordinate with individual departments proper staffing of required resources.
- Responsible for the process from customer purchase order to customer sign-off.
- Establish regular coordination meetings with stakeholders to provide technical expertise and promptly address conflicts.
- Follow company standards and customer requirements.
- Travel to pre-installation sites to ensure compliance with all installation requirements, such as the availability of supplies, the suitability of the customer’s facility (i.e. floor inspection) to prepare for equipment delivery, and subsequent installation.
- Support the system installation on-site in the liaison role between the customer and the organization.
- Facilitate customer change requests and ensure communication to all stakeholders of the impacts on scope and schedule.
- Coordinate travel and prepare and submit travel expenses reports.
- Provide regular clear feedback to Engineering and Production Departments.
- Identify improvement opportunities during project execution, consolidate, and report those to the appropriate people and departments.
- Travel requirements approximately 65–70%, including overnight travel.
- The position requires excellent problem solving, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Seasoned project management experience with large Projects (>$10MM / >12 Months duration) in the automotive sector or an equivalent large production environment required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a multi-cultural corporation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of experience in technical/capital goods field.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Senior Smart Factory Project Manager using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say