Optical Components Process Engineer
The primary responsibilities of this position is to maintain and improve existing product lines (optical coatings for EUV mirrors) as well as develop new optical components in collaboration with external and internal customers. Designs tooling and fixturing for new and improved parts, performs operator training, and handle quality issues not only from a technical but also from an administrative viewpoint. This individual will drive continuous improvement efforts related to safety, quality, cost and time metrics.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Support production lines to meet production goals through a combination of technical competence, and good organizational skills
- Develop, maintain, and improve the processes (EUV mirror coating and laser rod coating) in the optical coating clean room
- Implement and improve manufacturing processes, tooling, equipment and procedures
- Drive Synchro activities, support continuous improvements (e.g. PDCA), establish and promote lean manufacturing and the TRUMPF Quality Standard (TQS)
- Evaluate supplier materials and assemblies to ensure compliance with specifications and quality standards
- Provide system and machine technical support as well as machine operator training
- Chair weekly meeting with internal customers
- 3+ years experience in developing and manufacturing optical coatings, preferably on the EUV range
- 3+ years experience on with Thermal evaporation or e-gun evaporation
- Previous experience with Syrus Pro 1500 coating tools is desired
- A thorough working knowledge of lean manufacturing methods, problem solving techniques, analytical skills, thoroughness and experience in SAP is required.
- Strong technical and communication skills, and the ability to work in cross-functional teams to solve day-to-day tool problems
Bachelor degree in Optical Engineering, Physics or other relevant degree is required.
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Calderon from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say