The Smart Factory Consultant (Asia Pacific) will become part of the TruConnect Technical Sales Team and as such will support customers in China and other parts of Asia to develop as well as implement their smart factory strategies (incl. Smart Factory software solutions). A strong focus will be to transfer knowledge and methods from the consulting and software teams at the Trumpf headquarter to the respective countries in Asia.The successful candidate will become part of the local TruConnect Technical Sales team and work with customers and internal teams to transform customers´ operations into smart factories
1) Develop into a valued expert for the Asian sales teams for working together to support customers for questions of smart manufacturing and production management software solutions
2) Lead smart factory consulting projects to help customers all over Asia in walking forward on their paths to a digitally transformed organisation
- Process and systems analyses (Smart Factory Assessments)
- Develop transformation roadmap together with the customer
- Support the customer´s team in implementing the roadmap in the areas of lean processes, digitalization, connectivity and transparency
3) Work with the local team and international experts to establish and continuously develop a sound consulting offering for digital factory management tailored to the Chinese and other Asian markets (analytical approach, business model, project design,…)
4) Participate in business development activities to promote Smart Factory Software and Consutling products and extend the knowledge about smart manufacturing in general (customer visits, lean/smart manufacturing training sessions, quick factory checks, project discussions,…)
5. Complete other tasks assigned from the direct supervisor per business requirement.
1. Master or Diplom from international or top Chinese University, MBA would be a plus Major: Mechanical Engineering with interest in production management or Business Management with strong interest in technical and production-related topics
2.Min 3 years of working experience in operations consulting, software technical sales or project management with connection to production-related topics
3.High-quality internships can be considered
4.Sound knowledge and practical experience in at least two of the following areas
-Smart manufacturing / Industrie 4.0
-Technical Sales Software
5.High degree of analytical and communication skills is required, as well as the ability to cooperate with the customer and internal stake holders in a convincing way
6.Fluent in Chinese .Fluent English in speaking, reading and writing also in complex business situations German and other Asian languages would be a strong plus
7.Strong sense of high integrity, reliability, responsibility and customer orientation.Ability to handle issue independently, open-minded and with a team spirit.Ability to continuously learn.
8.European or US passport would be desirable for easy travelling within the region.
9.Observe the regulations of TCN including but not limited on the Employee’s Handbook and Code of Conduct of TRUMPF China