Laser Applications Engineer
TRUMPF Applications Engineers are a vital part in showcasing our technology to our customers. This role is instrumental in demonstrating the various advantages of TRUMPF products and convincing customers to purchase our products. He/She is regarded as the subject matter expert in all questions regarding laser cutting possibilities and performance. The applications engineer supports customers during the purchasing decision, and provides on-going telephone or on-site support throughout the product lifecycle.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the expert for laser technology and is fully capable to explain all machine options and operate TRUMPF products including laser cutting, bending, and welding
- Independently organize and conduct persuasive customer demonstrations (incl., at industry trade shows)
- Analyze and generate customer time estimates, provide recommendations for product selection and produce sample parts. Be able to recognize any necessary part design changes and consult customers on modifications to make their components compatible for manufacturing with TRUMPF products.
- Conduct operator training and on-site applications support for customers.
- Assist with new customers during startup phase to smoothly transition to production
- Provide customer phone support to resolve cutting problems and develop parameters for new processes
- Travel to customer sites to support with challenging production processes (Travel time ~20-30%)
- Previous experience in a sheet metal and/or manufacturing environment, ideally in a role that provided experience in programming and operating production equipment.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills are required as this position involves extensive interaction with customers.
- Experience in drafting/modeling software, along with excellent skills with Microsoft office products, especially Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to organize own schedule and self-manage multiple projects effectively.
- Maintain an organized workspace, both in office and digitally.
- TRUMPF product knowledge preferred. Ability to regularly lift 20-40 lbs. willing to operate forklifts and overhead cranes.
- Minimum 2-year technical school degree or the suitable equivalent of education and work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Laser Applications Engineer using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say