Advance Technology Engineer – Bend
The Advanced Technology Engineer – TruBend Center plays a critical role for the product success in the fields of Applications, Sales support and Training. The ATE is working closely with Sales and Applications to perform essential functions in the form of part analysis, time studies, product demonstrations, customer training and production support both in house and on customer site. Besides the "typical" role of application engineers the role will also support the operations team and ensure our equipment to be running properly within the innovative and fully connected Smart Factory Chicago.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform training for our customers in the fields of programming, operating and basic maintenance of the TruBend Center
- Provide customer application & sales phone and remote support utilizing TRUMPF digital solutions as well as post-sales expertise support during the initial production ramp up phase at customer sites
- Perform parts analysis for producibility / time studies and produce customer sample parts at the TRUMPF Smart Factory if requested
- Continuously excel the Bending technology knowledge by participating in trainings and testing functions of the machine to provide best in class support for our customers with daily production challenges
- Expand knowledge beyond bending technology and learn integrated cutting & bending solutions and their interaction with digitally connected production processes à storage and TRUMPF’s Manufacturing Execution System (TruTops Fab)
- Conduct best in class customer product and production flow demonstrations at TUSC and trade shows to increase product sales
- Be responsible for the assigned technology in the production showroom environment, key performance indicators (i.e. on time delivery, quality, machine utilization) and support operations for real customer parts production
- Consult and demonstrate latest machine technology related solutions for Industry 4.0. Utilization of all hardware / software / services that pertain to the technology to become a resident expert / go to person for the technology
- Perform entire system walkthroughs in the showroom from order to shipping
- Collaborate with product centers and other TRUMPF subsidiaries to provide feedback on product development / improvement ideas for existing or new products in the field of bending technology
- Participate in new product / component introduction and lead cross-departmental / international project activities on behalf of TRUMPF Smart Factory Chicago
- Travel estimate is up to 25% as average, with focus in USA
- Previous Press Brake experience is a must, Panel Bending experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in applications at TRUMPF or similar machine tool industry.
- Significant experience with CAD and programming and TRUMPF machine tool product knowledge required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing technologies and production software systems preferred.
- Knowledge of digital solutions (smart glasses, condition monitoring, OEE) and their applications preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal are required as this position involves extensive contact with customers and Sales representatives.
- Minimum 2-year technical school degree with a solid math background or the suitable equivalent of education and work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Advance Technology Engineer – Bend using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say