Maintenance Technician, Level II
"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
Position is responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and installing advanced production/manufacturing equipment for the Semiconductor Fab at TRUMPF Photonics. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed with flexibility to work other shifts depending on business needs.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair wafer fab production equipment to ensure equipment uptime during production.
- Own troubleshooting activities and maintain/update documents accordingly.
- Consistently works on complex assignments with high degree of independence and initiative to resolve root cause.
- Work from technical manuals, specifications, drawings, schematics and verbal instruction.
- Perform administrative maintenance duties including maintaining Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedules, PM reports, troubleshooting reports and re-order, maintain and organize equipment spare parts.
- Own shutdowns and startups during all facility activities on all affected semiconductor equipment.
- Oversee or perform general housekeeping
- Mentor, Train and provide support to other personnel on equipment maintenance.
- Semiconductor equipment experience (MOCVD, PECVD, PVD, Wet Etch, Dry Etch, MBE, Photolithography, etc.).
- Strong mechanical aptitude in facility equipment required (compressors, heat exchangers, chillers, cryo pumps, robotics, etc).
- Able to work safely with toxic gases, hazardous chemicals and self-contained breathing apparatus.
- Ability to work with high voltage, confined spaces, climb ladders, lift to 75 lbs, and frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling.
- Ability to recognize issues and prevent/handle them efficiently and effectively in a safe manner.
- Basic PC knowledge
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with kaizen, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and lean manufacturing methods.
- Occasional weekends and overtime possible depending on business needs.
- Experience with electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays, installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting).
- Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
- Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
- Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics).
- Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
- Experience with air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls.
- Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
- Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
- Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
- Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.).Review rating instructions.
- Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
- Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
- Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding specs).
- Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, in-coders, etc.).
- At least 2 year technical degree with 7 years of experience
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Calderon from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say