"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
The Process Engineer will be responsible for production equipment to manufacture wafers for high power GaAs based laser structures. Engineer will be responsible for complete ownership of the production equipment, process control/sustaining of existing processes, supporting the development of new processes, support of maintenance for troubleshooting. Excellent problem solving and communication skills as well as a desire to be part of and lead to solutions are critical to an individual’s success in the position. Focus will be within the Photolithography and Thin Films areas of the Wafer Fab with flexibility to work other shifts depending on business needs.
Key Organization Deliverables
- Equipment Availability
- MSA/Process Capability Gage of process and test equipment
- Data/Failure/Trend analysis on Excursions
- Process Documentation
- Ownership to deliver results and an environment of constructive problem solving
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Analysis of product and process control charts to identify excursions
- Own process yields and support end-to-end yield improvement through improved process integration and collaboration with other process engineers, and Wafer R&D
- Establish continuous improvement of product and mechanical yields by process characterization, standardization on best practices and application of effective SPC.
- Resolve process and equipment excursions using 8D/PDCA/root cause analysis and other techniques
- Process/Equipment Capability and MSA analysis and improvement
- Documentation of processes, driving ECNs for changes, and training of production, engineering and maintenance personnel to those documents
- Organize, summarize, and present complex results in a concise format including recommendations and conclusions
- Specification requirements for new equipment or material purchases and auditing external suppliers
- Ensure engineering documentation and procedures conform with ISO 9001
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science.
- A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience in a high-volume wafer fab manufacturing environment.
- Prior experience in an engineering support role for manufacturing of laser products is desired.
- Extensive experience with SAS jmp, Minitab or other statistical Software package
- Extensive knowledge of SPC / DOE/ 6 sigma / Problem Solving required (certification preferred)
- Proven track record of participating on and leading teams in problem resolution
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Calderon from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say