Set up and operate CNC machines in a sheetmetal fabrication environment including performing initial production runs where programming, fixtures and methods are being developed. Must be familiar with basic inspection of sheetmetal parts.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
1. Set up and operate bending, laser cutting, and punching machines. (TRUMPF machines knowledge is a plus)
2. Assist in debugging operating or programming problems with high laser cut quality parts
3. Work / inspect parts according to blueprints
4. Maintain high standards of quality by making sure that parts passed on to a subsequent work center are good
5. Work and be familiar with measuring tools (Calipers, Protractors, Tape measures, etc.)
6. Assist in CNC area’s operational activities and special projects to ensure quality and meet timetables
7. Work independently with minimum supervision
8. Able to lift up to 70 lbs
9. Operate overhead crane / forklift
10. Maintain CNC machines, area and other tools in good condition by performing 5S and TPM activities on a regular basis
11. Participate in daily shopfloor management meeting and be an active member of SYNCHRO Plus activities (SFM, TK, IK)
12. Actively contribute to departments SYNCHRO events and tasks for the CNC Operating area
13. Re-order raw material based on material consumption in time to avoid material shortages
Minimum of 2-3 years CNC machining experience
High school graduate or equivalent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Press Brake Operator using the link below: