Technical Service Manager
Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
Technical Service Manager is responsible for TRUMPF Laser Technology and Additive Manufacturing Service in North America. In this role you will be directing all functions within the Technical Service group, more specifically: technical service, incl. maintenance, repairs and installations, operational processes, staffing, group performance and group development. You will lead a group of three highly skilled service teams and service administrators. The main success metric is customer satisfaction. In addition to customer satisfaction, focus areas are operational efficiency, financial management and strategic development. The Technical Service Manager is a key point of contact for external and internal customers, and is expected to manage relationships with customers in an exemplary manner even in demanding situations.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Be responsible of all aspects of Technical Service quality and operations
- Strategically develop the Service functions and focus them on customer satisfaction. Develop and extend external and internal service processes in conjunction with the guidelines of the TRUMPF Group. Ensure that there is adequate capacity and competence for best quality field and phone support service.
- Represent TUSD in all Service Matters with end-customers, integrators and representatives, at TRUMPF US and within the TRUMPF Group.
- Demonstrate exemplary problem solving, customer orientation and positivity in most demanding situations and complex environments
- Supervise resolving or resolve escalation cases with customers with the appropriate measures and procedures and/or find possibilities to avoid them in the future by continuous improvement measures. Efficiently process customer complaints and follow up with customers
- Be responsible for Laser Technology and Additive Manufacturing service group P&L and take action to improve financial performance.
- Continuously improve the service group and service reporting, plan and execute development programs and efficiently implement and use lean principles (Synchro+) in management and shop floor functions.
- Focus on talent management and personnel development, especially efficient on-boarding and training of field service engineers and phone support engineers. Act as a coach and mentor for service supervisors and support career development within the group. Coach direct reports in customer focus, communication and working through prioritization.
- Coordinate talent management, development initiatives, joint customer relationships, agreements, and other functions with TRUMPF machine tools service group.
- Be a highly contributing member of TRUMPF Laser Technology Center Management Team
- Any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by management
- Adhere to all company guidelines
- Valid US driver’s license required
- Up to 20% travel required
- Occasional overnights as needed
- Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office, and ability to conduct normal amount of work on a computer
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration, or other relevant field strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Extensive technical training and managerial training is required.
- This position requires appropriate knowledge in After-Sales or Customer Service function in laser industry, industrial product, or capital equipment business. Experience in manufacturing industries, e.g. automotive (Tier 1 or OEM), aerospace, medical or semiconductor is preferred. Minimum of five years of such experience is required.
- Five years of previous management experience with demonstrated success in organizational and individual development (employees, managers) required. Experience in performing in or managing field service preferred. Previous Project Management Experience required.
- Ability to work with and develop business processes and leading through goals and financial indicators required.
- Clear, concise, professional, effective communication skills required. Must be excellent in both verbal and written communication, including ability to exhibit empathy and concern. Ability to diffuse volatile or potentially volatile situations through appropriate communication skills and techniques is preferred.
- Must have the ability to calmly deal with conflict, high stress situations, upset and even hostile customers. Candidate should exhibit desire and ability to teach and mentor. Customer conscious and oriented attitude is essential to perform in the position. Must be cooperative and desiring to work through disagreements.
- Ability to train and develop managers and employees is required. Ability to motivate, support and work with employees in demanding and high stress situations is a must.
- Ability to collect critical information / data from relevant sources and make appropriate decisions is important to succeed as a service manager. Has to demonstrate curiosity, creativity and insight.
- Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with SAP and CRM systems considered a plus.
TRUMPF Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as need arises. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Technical Service Manager using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Jennings from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say