The TruLaser Center 7030 is TRUMPF´s most advanced laser cutting system and provides a one stop solution for autonomous cutting, sorting and stacking of sheet metal parts.
The Advanced Technology Engineer TruLaser Center is essential to the product success in the fields of Applications, Support and Training. The ATE is working closely with Sales and is responsible for part studies, product demonstrations, customer training and production support both in house and on customer site. Besides the "typical" role of application engineers the role will also support the operations team and ensure our equipment to be running properly within the innovative and fully connected Smart Factory Chicago. Welcome to the next generation!
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
1. Train our customers in programming, operating and basic maintenance of the TruLaser Center 7030.
2. Provide expert first-hand support during the initial production ramp up phase on site at customers.
3. Create customer part time estimates and produce sample parts in the TRUMPF Smart Factory.
4. Conduct customer product and production flow demonstrations at the TRUMPF Smart Factory.
5. Consult and demonstrate latest machine technology solutions for Industry 4.0.
6. Provide customer application & sales phone support as well as post-sales support through onsite visits.
7. Support creation and improvement of documentation and processes.
8. Work within a global and dynamic team based in our Smart Factory in Chicago.
9. Go-to person for customers on questions and issues with integrated cutting and bending systems.
10. Be responsible for the TruLaser Center 7030 in the production showroom environment and support operations for real part production including the TRUMPF fabrication software suite.
11. Travel estimate is up to 40% as average, with focus in USA and Canada.
12. Able to lift 70 pounds without aid.
Previous experience in applications at TRUMPF or similar machine tool industry. Significant experience with CAD, programming and automation. TRUMPF machine tool product knowledge required. Knowledge of manufacturing technologies and production software systems preferred. Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal are required as this position involves extensive contact with customers and sales representatives. Ideal candidate is well-mannered and able to create a positive working environment with all different kind of characters.
Minimum 2-year technical school degree with a solid math background or the suitable equivalent of education and work experience. Foreign language skills (German, French) are helpful.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.“
Apply for Advance Technology Engineer using the link below: