Field Service Engineer
Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
The TRUMPF Laser Technology Center (TUSD) Field Service Engineer (FSE) is a member of the 5-Axis Technology Group. We support TRUMPF Customers in North America (USA, CA, and MEX). Responsibilities and duties include traveling, installing, demonstrating, troubleshooting, and repairing Multi-Axis machines and lasers.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in training lasting approximately 5 - 6 months, with on-going training on existing and new products
- Support TRUMPF customers in North America
- Install, troubleshoot, and repair Multi-Axis machines and lasers
- Demonstration and education of Multi-Axis machines to customers and associates
- Provide on-call 24 hour telephone support when required (rotating on-call support, determined by availability and size of group)
- Candidates fluent in Spanish/German preferred but not required
- Any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by management
- Adhere to all company guidelines
- Must be located, or ability to relocate, within 45 minutes of a major International Airport
- Based out of Plymouth, MI (TUSD)
- 100% travel required, both internationally and domestically
- Includes company paid- room, rental car, air-fare, and meal perdiem
- Perform extensive travel as needed, including but not limited to;
- Monday through Friday
- Some weekend work as needed, roughly 10-15 weekends a year
- Must maintain Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain Passport and rent automobile
- Overnights required
- Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office, and ability to conduct normal amount of work on a computer
- Ability to lift and transport up to 70 lbs.
Education & Experience
- Two year technical degree in engineering or related field preferred, or combination of training and work experience
- Minimum of three years previous experience in field service necessary
- Strong electrical and computer systems background, as well as, strong diagnostic experience
- Good mechanical proficiency with hand tools to include precision measurement tools
- Must have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
TRUMPF Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as need arises. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
TRUMPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, past or present history of mental disorder, physical, or learning disability, mental retardation, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic as established by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Apply for Field Service Engineer using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Jennings from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say