Controller - Manufacturing
The Controller is responsible for just the manufacturing side of the business. They will work to create additional value to operative managers in this respective functional area by providing them more insight about the financial performance of their business and support them by proposing and tracking improvement initiatives and actions.
The Controller provides function specific reports and KPIs incl. comments on trends and abnormalities and engages in regular business reviews with the functional managers, coordinates the function specific planning and forecasting and drives function specific projects like business plans, investment calculations, cost reductions, etc.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Function specific Reporting and Forecasting
- Monthly reporting to Germany. Provide information as required by headquarters; reasonings behind variances within the respective area.
- Participate in Budgeting (1 month every year) & Forecasting (2 per year) process as needed; support respective department managers with completion of budgets.
- Review reports/results, assess whether abnormalities are due to business reasons or technical controlling/accounting issues and assure processes are followed to support Shared Services.
Support of operative Managers
- Provide direct support and coaching to upper management with understanding the financials and identifying the risks and performance results from the respective area.
- Lead and implement change initiatives related to business, to support Management.
- Support upper management with assuring working capital is aligned with divisional yearly projections
- Develop short- and long-term goals, KPIs and objectives, and develop and execute against annual budgets.
- (1) volume: utilization (actual vs. standard), over-/under-absorption
- (2) profitability: review structural costs per area, plant profitability analysis, cost competitiveness (benchmark production cost with other TRUMPF plants and external suppliers - make or buy analysis), group production cost vs. local production cost, calculation and benchmark of production hourly rates, efficiency KPIs, etc.
- (3) capital employed: utilization of assets (buildings/floor space, machine utilization), Working Capital: production material and WIP, etc.
- (1) volume: Maintain R&D tool for reporting hours and review productivity of teams by project, bill back of R&D hours to central R&D in Germany
- (2) profitability: calculation and benchmark of engineering hourly rates, support project controlling (actual vs. budget – hours vs. degree of implementation)
- (3) capital employed: utilization of R&D machines
Requires 4-5 years of experience in Accounting/Controlling, preferably in a manufacturing environment. Individual must posses strong analytical skills and be proficient in Microsoft Excel. Must be able to communicate financial concepts and results to non-financial staff. Basic technical and business understanding required in order to participate in discussions with management. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar is required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Controller - Manufacturing using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say