1. Introduce new products/new processes from R&D to Operations.
2. Specify requirements of product/process/machine/software/fixtures for Operations.
3. Define and execute the ramp up plan of production.
4. Execute the continuous improvement of processes.
5. The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position.
6. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned
7. Take the role of Manufacturing Process Owner in the team, be responsible for process development for new product/product transfer;
8. Be responsible to develop and build/contract manufacturing equipment based on the product specification provided by R&D;
9. Develop manufacturing processes in cooperation with R&D (local & overseas) to achieve best product performance and reliability with lowest cost solution;
10. Initiate PFMEA discussion cross-functionally with inter and external team members, and ensure that PFMEA to be reviewed regularly and actions recommended to be done in time;
11. Initiate or Implement ECR/ECN if it’s manufacturing process related;
12. Map existing manufacturing processes and identify processes need to be improved or be created based on product structure/CTQs;
13. Continuously improve the manufacturing processes by applying Lean, Six Sigma and Automation approaches to achieve best quality, lowest production cost and shortest lead time;
14. Define and implement corrective and preventive measures for reported quality issues;
15. Develop tool/fixture for better productivity or quality;
16. Define and implement maintenance procedures for production equipment and tools;
17. Create and maintain industrial laser related manufacturing documents to obtain highest manufacturing standard, such as WI, Routing, OCAP, Control Plan, TPM, etc.
18. Complete other tasks assigned from the direct supervisor per business requirement.
1. Bachelor degree or above in optical, opto-electronic or equivalent engineering major.
2. 3~5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or related functions in similar industry, and experience in solid state laser manufacturing company is highly appreciated;
3. 3+ years of experience in production improvement projects (process/capacity/quality related), localization projects and NPI (new product introduction) projects.
4. Profound knowledge of the working principle of the optical components in solid state laser industry, such as fiber, pump diodes, resonator, beam delivery, etc.;
5. Be familiar with the usage of general optical test equipment or fiber splicing equipment, such as power meter, beam diagnostics device, fiber splicer, etc.;
6. Be capable of reading 2D & 3D mechanical drawings and electrical drawings, and mechanical drawing ability is a plus;
7. Be good at the installation, debug and commissioning of manufacturing equipment;
8. Must have basic knowledge of PFMEA, Control Plan, PDCA, 8D, Project Management, etc.;
9. Basic knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma is a must;
10. Be good at Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, Visio & SolidWorks, and knowledge of SAP & SQL server is a plus;
11. Knowledge of PLC programming and electical equipment related trouble shooting is a plus;
12. Knowledge of coding languages such as VB, Python, etc. is a plus.
13. Fluent English in daily working environment including listening, speaking, reading and writing.
14. Strong sense of high integrity, reliability, responsibility and customer orientation
15. Ability to handle issue independently, open-minded and with a team spirit.
16. Ability to continuously learn.
17. Strong anti-pressure ability and strong sense of self-motivation and goal-driven;
18. Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
19. Able to drive tasks in a systematical way;
20. Observe the regulations of TCN including but not limited on the Employee’s Handbook and Code of Conduct of TRUMPF China.