IT Administrator (m/f/d)
Responsible for the efficiency of IT infrastructure and response. To maintain a well-organized, efficient IT infrastructure in order to provide the required levels of support to TRUMPF employees and customers, in accordance with agreed business plans. The IT administrator is the sole IT member of staff for the TRUMPF Luton site.
- Responsibilities include and not limited to desktop, 1st/2nd line application and server support.
- The environment is of a Wintel stack, with SAN storage sitting on a VMWare environment.
- Help facilitate project support via Germany and provide training as and when required.
- Understand the business requirement of the company to ensure functionality
- Advise objectively on where IT might make a difference to the business
- Continuous improvement to processes and cost controlling of infrastructure
- Planning the stages of the projects and how each affects the business
- Co-ordinating the project team, liaison with Group IT and Local management team.
- Agreeing costs, timescales and standards to be met and monitoring these through the project
- Aligning the department to support sales to achieve the agreed business plans.
- Present key figures for the Technical Director to incorporate into the fiscal budget.
- Promote the guiding legal, moral and social principles of the company and the TRUMPF Group.
- Back up for Building and facilities
- Quick responses of internal customer requests and support them proactively
- Solving IT problems in a timely manner and avoid business interruptions
- Maintain functionality of IT environment
- Implement IT projects required from Headquarter according to the timeline set.
- Finding cost efficient solutions
- Keeping records of IT Equipment up to date
- Document IT processes and keeping the IT area organised
- Teamwork and co ordination
- Good Time management
- Customer service orientation, professional phone manner
- Motivated, willing to learn
- Deliver clear and concise instructions
- Exhibit and maintain a good working atmosphere and relationship with the colleagues within and across the department for an improved team working.
Qualifications: Education / Experience
- MS Office, MS Project and other business and management software tools
- Good communications skills - written and verbal
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- Demonstrable record of Desktop IT experience within Wintel Stack
- MS-Windows 7/10/Office Experience
- Hardware Provisioning and decommissioning
- AD administration
- Exchange and O365 Admin
- Contact Centre and Phone System Admin
- TCP/IP Network Skills
- Vendor Management
- ITIL – Foundation
- Kiteworks Admin
- IBM/NetApp SAN
- Airwatch -Mobile Device Management
- Application Support
- Alcatel OXE and CCS Contact Centre Admin
- Working with Security and Compliance controls
- Agile awareness
- Contact centre support would also be advantageous especially any Alcatel experience
- Systems Delivery
- System integration, support and advice
- IT Service Management
- Vendor Management
- IT Governance
- Stakeholder Management
- Excellent Documentation Skills
Working Hours / Mobility
- 39 hours per week, 1 hour lunch break not included
- Core office hours 08:00 – 16:00 to be covered Mo – Thu and Fr 08:00 – 15:00
TRUMPF Employee Benefits
What your future colleagues say