Field Service Engineer - Detroit, MI
This position is responsible for installing, troubleshooting and repairing TRUMPF CNC machines.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Clearly and professionally interact with customers
- Work closely with customers and machines to ensure equipment operates within expected tolerances
- Pursue machine diagnosis of our internal Product Support Group (PSG) to repair TRUMPF equipment
- Work carefully with the PSG for technical assistance and provide them with diagnostic feedback
- At times, use visual clues, computer programs, diagnostic tools to further diagnose machine difficulties
- Use electrical and electronic knowledge to help troubleshoot and solve issues
- Read and utilize company repair manuals and work orders for assistance with repairs and diagnostics
- Clean, replace or install parts to maintain smooth operation of machinery and equipment
- Assemble, install, align equipment as needed
- Accurately report technical conditions and information of machines to PSG and management
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as applications, sales, engineering, production, etc.
- When needed, provide onsite training to customers for operation and/or repair of machines
- Assist other Field Service Engineers as needed
- Receive factory product training and technical service knowledge as needed
- Submit organized and helpful service reports for each repair mission
- Help to develop or adjust existing technical documentation
- Work as required with minimal supervision in compliance with all safety requirements
Travel up to 100%. Travel includes regional and national travel
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds without aid
Associates program or technical school degree in Engineering principles or a suitable combination of education and work experience. Experience in computer software, file management, electronics, digital circuits, wiring, mechanics and hydraulics is helpful. Well-mannered, able to work with all different types of customers. Must have and maintain a clean and valid drivers license and record.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Field Service Engineer - Detroit, MI using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say