Perform essential functions for the Sales, Applications areas in the form of product demonstrations, time studies, and post sales customer applications support. Besides the “typical” role of applications for customer demos, the “Advanced Technology Engineer – TruBend / TruBend Cell” will also support the operations team and ensure the equipment to be running properly within the innovative and fully connected environment of TRUMPF Chicago.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
1) Conduct customer product and production flow demonstrations at TUSC and trade shows
2) Be responsible for the assigned technology in the production showroom environment and support operations for real part production
3) Consult and demonstrate machine technology related solutions for Industry 4.0
4) Supply customer time estimates, produce sample parts and run them in the full Industry 4.0
environment of TUSC
5) Perform entire system walkthroughs in the showroom from order to shipping
6) Provide customer & sales phone and remote support utilizing TRUMPF digital solutions as well as post-sales support through onsite visits
Previous experience in applications at TRUMPF or similar machine tool industry. Significant experience with CAD and programming. TRUMPF machine tool product knowledge required. Press Brake experience and knowledge of manufacturing technologies and production software systems preferred. Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal are required as this position involves extensive contact with customers and Sales representatives.
Minimum 2-year technical school degree with a solid math background or the suitable equivalent of education and work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Advance Technology Engineer using the link below: