This position is responsible for, resolving technical and operational problems for customers and Field Service Engineers remotely by utilizing proper diagnostic resources. Work closely with other Product Support Engineers, Administrative Assistance, Schedulers and Regional Managers.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
1. Approximately 75% of time will be focused on phone support assisting both customer and Field Service Engineers
2. At least 25% of time will be focused on field service support, attending training classes or hosting training classes on campus will be required. Travel is required through North America.
3. Utilize remote diagnostics capabilities to assist and help fix customers machines. Work with service schedulers for coordinating correct field support
4. Understand technical documentation, ETK, schematics and blue prints to utilize them during telephone support
5. Utilize SIS Software system to correctly create and enter missions
6. Update and close cases/missions upon review and completion of service calls
7. Working knowledge of SAP software and other computer skills as required by position.
8. Maintain communication with customers, Field Service Engineers and other TRUMPF Inc. personnel in a professional manner
9. In strict adherence with TRUMPF’s Telecommuting Policy
10. Attend all necessary meetings in person or by telecommunication
11. Stay up to date with new product introductions
12. Interface with TRUMPF Inc. departments as necessary to obtain answers to technical problems
13. Report discrepancies, unresolved or recurrent problems to the Supervisor or Manager
14. Other administrative projects, office and technical tasks as assigned by Supervisor or Manager
15. Perform all requirements with minimal supervision
16. 24/7 and after hours shifts will be required.
Must have extensive TRUMPF product knowledge. Minimum three years prior experience or equivalent in customer service/technical concentration is preferred. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Two year technical school degree with concentration in Engineering principles or suitable combination of education and work experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for In House Technical Support Engineer - Punch & Brake Machines using the link below: