National Field Service Engineer - Chicago, IL
Take this opportunity to travel 100% and work independently installing, troubleshooting and repairing innovated technology of Laser & Punch Combination Machines.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide exceptional customer service by working closely with customers and machines to ensure equipment operates within expected tolerances
- Pursue machine diagnosis of our internal Product Support Group (PSG) to repair TRUMPF equipment
- At times, use visual clues, computer programs, diagnostic tools to further diagnose machine difficulties
- Use electrical and electronic knowledge to help troubleshoot and solve issues. While also having the resources of company repair manuals and work orders for assistance with repairs and diagnostics
- Clean, replace, assemble, align or install parts to maintain smooth operation of machinery and equipment
- Interface with cross functional work teams such as applications, sales, engineering, production, etc.
- When needed, provide onsite training to customers for operation and/or repair of machines
- Receive factory product training and technical service knowledge as needed
- Submit organized and helpful service reports for each repair mission
- Work as required with minimal supervision in compliance with all safety requirements
- Travel up to 100%. Travel includes regional and national travel.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds without aid
Associates program or technical school degree in Engineering principles or a suitable combination of education and work experience. Experience in computer software, file management, electronics, digital circuits, wiring, mechanics and hydraulics is helpful. Well-mannered, able to work with all different types of customers. Must have and maintain a clean and valid drivers license and record.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for National Field Service Engineer - Chicago, IL using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Michaud from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say