Machine Tool Applications Engineers are an integral part of providing competitive presentations of machine tools to prospective customers and in demonstrating how to use machine tools. Applications Engineers also play an important role in continuous improvement and product development of the machinery they specialize in. As an apprentice in the Apprenticeship Program for Machine Tool Applications Engineer, you will learn and fulfill these requirements with satisfactory results. Relocation to IL or CA may required due to business needs.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
1. Develop skills in the practical use of machine tools, and the competitive presentation of machine tools to prospective or current customers. (Lasers, Punches, Press Brakes, Tube Lasers and Laser Welding)
2. Gain technical knowledge and TRUMPF product knowledge through participation in classroom training at TRUMPF Training Department.
3. Gain founded technical knowledge through successful completion of courses provided by colleges and/or technical institutions.
4. Gain knowledge of TRUMPF internal processes through completion of assignments in various departments.
5. Complete written reports after completion of each training segment to document training outcome and effectiveness.
6. Participate in Applications/Demonstration room projects, Continuous Improvement and SYNCHRO activities.
7. Travel to other TRUMPF facilities in the US or overseas for training purposes.
Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, a desire to be part of providing solutions to customers and an inquisitive disposition. Ability to follow instructions and organize to complete tasks fully and on time.
High school, higher education, or vocational school.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Apply for Apprentice Machine Tool Applications Engineer using the link below: