Service Engineer - Midlands
- Installation and repair of TRUMPF CNC Machine Tools, predominantly Laser / P&P.
- Preventative Maintenance checks of contracted machines.
- Liaise with spares department for ordering and delivery of required spare parts.
- Generate detailed service reports for customer and internal logging.
- Internal helpdesk support to customers / field - based engineers maybe required once enough experience has been gained
- Performing of field missions at customers (repair, installation, maintenance,) with the required tools, technologies and documentation
- Informing dispatcher /planner in case of deviation of target time and inform when mission is finished
- Spare part identification during missions
- Use of service information system (SIS mobile)
- Research for problem identification (SIP)
- Providing information for mission classification changes: billable, warranty, goodwill. Inform supervisors in case of damages to machine based on customers fault.
- Documentation of activities
- Mission classification (billable, warranty, goodwill)
- Regular participation in training courses
- Communication on work-progress and the error(s)
- Customer care
- In-house Service
- Fill out quality feedback forms for installations
- Perform briefing after an installation
- Send back spare parts and tools after mission
Qualifications: Education / Experience
- NVQ’s, City & Guilds etc. – Degree qualification is also beneficial but not necessary. Experience is more favorable
- Software - Computer literate – Networking experience desirable
- CNC sheet metal working machine tool service (not just maintenance) preferably CNC Laser / P&P knowledge / experience / qualifications. Ideally, a minimum of two years' service experience
- Ideally have an electrical / electronics' qualification (minimum HNC) or to have completed an apprenticeship in electromechanical engineering
- Computer literate with knowledge of networking as an advantage
- Experienced in bus systems e.g. ASI, Profibus, ProfiNet, CAN
- Experienced in servo drives Bosch and Siemens
- Capable of working to close mechanical tolerances
- Capable of working under pressure
- Proficient in interpersonal skills
- Prepared to spend on average 3 - 4 nights a week away from home
- The holder of a full clean UK driving license.
- Target driven with a focused attitude and self-motivation
- Customer orientated whilst understanding the company needs
- Good time management
- Act and behave in line with the guiding principles of the TRUMPF Group
- Be presentable at all times and act in a polite manner
Working Hours / Mobility
- No set working hours on the contract- 9 hours per day standard, aim to be at customers by 8-9 o’clock.
- No Rota – Monday to Friday field-based work
- Paid door to door
- Company Van only – with Tracker – Personal use is fine but must inform tax man
- Maximum 6 driving licence points
- No Drink driving history
- TRUMPF supplies all tools
- Overtime - Monday to Friday flat rate – Saturdays is 1.5 and Sundays is 2.0
- Salary dependent upon relevant experience
- Company vehicle / car allowance
- Healthcare & company life assurance schemes
- Pension scheme that complies with auto enrolment
- 25 days holiday increased to 28 days after 5 years
- 45 hour week with paid overtime
- TRUMPF Employee Benefits Program (Company vehicle, laptop, mobile phone and more)
Please send application with your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10th January 2021
What your future colleagues say