Manufacturing Engineer_Laser Business
- Introduces new products/new processes from Development to Operations.
- Specifies requirements of products/process/fixtures/machines/softwares for Operations.
- Define and execute the ramp up plan of production.
- Execute the continuous improvement for processes.
- Take the role of Manufacturing Process Owner in the team, be responsible for process development for new product/product transfer;
- Be responsible to develop and build/contract manufacturing equipment based on the product specification provided by R&D;
- Develop manufacturing processes in cooperation with R&D (local & overseas) to achieve best product performance and reliability with lowest cost solution;
- Initiate Process FMEA (PFMEA) discussion cross-functionally with inter and external team members, and ensure that PFMEA to be reviewed regularly and actions recommended to be done in time;
- Initiate or Implement ECR/ECN if it’s manufacturing process related;
- Map existing manufacturing processes and identify processes need to be improved or be created based on product structure/CTQs;
- Continuously improve the manufacturing processes by applying Lean, Six Sigma and Automation approaches to achieve best quality, lowest production cost and shortest lead time;
- Define and implement corrective and preventive measures for reported quality issues;
- Develop tool/fixture for better productivity or quality;
- Define and implement maintenance procedures for production equipment and tools;
- Create and maintain optical fiber laser manufacturing documents to obtain highest manufacturing standard, such as WI, Routing, OCAP, Control Plan, TPM, etc.
Complete other tasks assigned from the direct supervisor per business requirement.
- Bachelor degree or above in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, opto-electronic or equivalent engineering major. Electrical background is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or related functions in similar industry, and experience in laser manufacturing company is highly appreciated
- 3+ years of experience in production improvement projects (process/capacity/quality related), localization projects and NPI (new product introduction) projects.
- Be capable of reading the electrical drawings and 2D & 3D mechanical drawings, and mechanical drawing ability is a plus;
- Be good at PLC programming and electrical equipment related trouble shooting;
- Be good at the installation, debug and commissioning of manufacturing equipment;
- Profound knowledge and understanding of the working principle of common used mechanical or electrical components;
- Be familiar with the usage of general electrical test equipment / instruments;
- Be good at problem discovering and resolving;
- Basic Knowledge of PFMEA, Control Plan, PDCA, 8D, Project Management, etc.
- Basic Knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma is a must;
- Be good at MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook), SolidWorks and SAP;
- Knowledge of coding languages such as VB, Python, etc. is a plus.
What your future colleagues say