Instruct and train customers and TRUMPF employees as applicable on TRUMPF machines for product trainings, operation, maintenance, and programming. This includes training in standardized classes in the training center in Farmington and individualized classes on customer sites.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
1. Present training classes to TRUMPF personnel and customers on the applicable product line(s).
2. Evaluate existing training procedures and manuals and review with Training Manager. Implement improvements to meet customer demand and to achieve highest customer satisfaction.
3. Interface with technical writers and curricular developers in compiling and reviewing documentation and data.
4. Support the implementation of Training 4.0 strategies (i.e. webinars and virtual class rooms).
5. Travel to customer locations and/or other TRUMPF facilities in the US and abroad for training or research needs (up to 25% travel).
6. Maintain records on training schedules and personnel trained.
7. Provide evaluations on TRUMPF Service Engineers while in training.
8. Provide evaluations of own training course by students.
9. Participate in projects, Continuous Improvement and SYNCHRO activity.
An in-depth technical background is required. Preferably we would like to see experience on TRUMPF or other CNC sheet metal machine tool products. Additionally, training and field service experience is strongly preferred. Must have strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong PC skills (OS, networking, Office).
2-year technical school degree in Engineering or suitable equivalent of education / work experience.
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status."
Apply for Technical Training Engineer using the link below: