Wafer Fab R&D Engineer
"Trusting in brave ideas" this is our promise to everyone who works for us. As a family business, we make long-term decision and provide our people with the trust and stability needed to bring their ideas to fruition, even the unconventional ones. Being a market and technology leader in machine tools and lasers, we courageously shape the manufacturing of tomorrow, meeting every challenge with bold, fresh thinking.
This engineer will execute on key projects related to Wafer Fab process development. This engineer will focus on projects associated with new process development, improved processes capability, yield improvements and exploring and deploying new technologies. The focus of these efforts will be on new deployments although at times improvement to existing technologies will be undertaken. This position will work closely with Wafer Fab engineering, production, and R&D staff. The successful individual in this role is detail oriented, self-driven and goal oriented to ensure that tasks and projects are completed with exceptional quality in time and budget.
Key Organization Deliverables
- Improved Process Capability, Throughput and Yield for Target processes
- Completion of Projects in Time / Budget
- Foster a Culture of team oriented, constructive problem solving targeting proactive permanent solutions
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Efforts are to be focused from Wafer Start (post Epi) through finished wafers delivered for dicing
- Lead projects related to new process development, new tool purchase, installation and qualification
- Define critical process output and input parameters, map processes using DOE/FMEA and optimize processes for deployment into an SPC production environment
- Explore and investigate new processes required for next generation devices
- Support capital purchase decisions and tool selections
- Hands on operation of process and measurement equipment, processing wafers, analyzing data and writing summary reports
- Significant time spent in a clean room environment
- Support production engineering for larger yield excursion investigations up to and including leading these activities
- Weekly and monthly reporting on key projects indicating accomplishments, challenges progress against timeline and budget
- Provide clear concise communication focused on target audiences below and above in the organization
- Foster a spirit of cooperation among the engineering, manufacturing and development departments and ensure all groups work together cohesively
- Overall support to ensure that company goals and objectives are achieved
Experience / Education
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience required in a Semiconductor Fab. Knowledge of GaAs based processing is required, processing of GaAs based lasers is preferred. Experience with additional material systems is a plus.
- Specific experience developing and deploying processes, qualifying tools or sustaining/process ownership in one of these areas: Photolithography, Vacuum Deposition and Etch ( PVD Sputter, PECVD, RIE, ICP), or Wet Chemical processing ( Solvent Strip, Wet Chemical Etching, Plating) is required
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, SPC, DOE, FMEA, MSA and Problem-Solving techniques is preferred
- Use of SAS jmp ( or minitab) and MES systems ( preferred CAMSTAR)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS Degree with significant direct experience required. M.S is preferred.
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Calderon from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say