Field Application Engineer China_TRUMPF photonics
Reporting to Marketing and Sales Manager APAC
- The SAE is working in close contact with our customers with regard to the technical demands and possibilities of our product.
- The SAE is responsible for offering technical support.
- The SAE functions as an intermediary between the customers and our internal organization.
- The SAE interfaces in case of customer complaints to our organization in an efficient and effective way.
- The location of SAE is preferred in Wuhan China. The territory coverage of SAE is China region.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for maintaining application know-how through: Discussions, interactions, investigations and tests at internal and external partners/customers, visits to customers and their customers market events and own investigations and tests.
- Supports account management and sales at customers:
- Provides technical assistance and support to Design In projects
- Responds to problems and inquiries regarding product features and functionality
- Prepares application notes and technical documentation
- Provides demonstrations, organizes perception shootouts
- Participates in product specification discussions and advices on interfacing
- Works closely with customers developing close relationships with the technical community at key customers and their end customers
- Assists with quality issues and complaints
- Analyzes competitive data and customer feedback
- Assists with new product application development and system solutions design.
- Location: Wuhan
- Bachelor/Master degree in technical background (electrical engineering/software)
- 5-10 years industry background in datacom; consumer electronics is a plus
- 5-10 years hands-on experience in semiconductor technology/ micro-electronics/ASIC designs, electronic engineering, software
- Broad experience with customer demands
- Experience in working with different cultures (mainly Asian and European)
- Experience in working in a team (project)
- Experience in investigating and benchmarking
- Basic knowledge in Marketing methods and processes
- Project Management. Customer Relations
- Good English communication in writing and speaking
- Attentive listener and good communicator.
- Sensitive for customer needs; Self starter.
- Enthusiastic personality, with drive to bring applications to work
- Able to perform during uncertainties
- Good to have driving license and a car for customer visit in the region. Willing to travel in the region, travel percentage > 50%
What your future colleagues say