Field Application Engineer Welding
- As an welding application engineer you will be a part of laser joining team at the TRUMPF Laser Application Center (LAC) in Taicang.
- You will setup and demonstrate laser applications to our customers at the LAC, document and report your findings in English language reports.
- You will deliver application support and training to our customers at the LAC as well as at the customer site, such as troubleshooting, welding process optimization, or relevant know-how training.
- Base in Ningde Fujian,mainly support at Ningde CATL plant,including all kinds of laser application, not only welding, but also laser cleaning and others.
- You also need to support other customers of battery industry, means that you better be experienced in copper and aluminum welding, but not only that.
- On top of the analysis of welding results (microscope, metallurgy, mechanical tests), as well as the welding defect analysis.
- Be able to do the simple fixture designing for the application testings at LAC, as well as the fixture designing concept understood for the customer project. 3D CAD/CAM such as SolidWorks should be matered.
- Support to complete the other relevant task assigned from the direct supervisor .
- Bachelor degree or higher, and experienced in E-mobility area
- Mechanical engineering or welding, material science, laser technology
- Experienced in the field of laser welding, better in battery
- Lasers and laser systems (preferably TRUMPF)
- Optics (beam guidance, focusing, beam shaping,…)
- Electric automatization
- Theoretical background and hands on experience for laser welding, arc welding and metallurgy
- CAD/CAM software
- Microsoft Office
- Good skills in written English
- Team player, independent worker, fast learner, hands on
What your future colleagues say