Environmental Health & Safety Officer - EUV
The Environmental Health & Safety Officer - EUV, reporting to the EUV Supervisor, would have assignments in a broad range of occupational safety tasks related to our Field Service, Installations, Retrofits, Upgrades and Repair operations across the United States.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Principle duties of the Environmental Health & Safety Officer - EUV would involve a mix of engineering, technical and administrative tasks, largely dependent upon the current business needs and activities. For example, these duties may include:
- Conduct and document hazard and risk assessments of existing and new field service and training processes;
- Participating on, and facilitating as required, cross-functional and cross-divisional teams addressing occupational safety topics relevant to field service operations such as electrical safe work practices, hazardous energy control, fall protection and laser safety;
- Providing occupational safety expertise and technical support for installation and field service projects as required. Occupational safety tasks may include conducting risk assessments, developing safe work procedures and instructions, and providing worksite and project safety support as required by our customers.
- Administration of, and the primary point of contact for the various contractor safety management firms and systems that we are required to actively maintain by our customers;
- Reporting and Analysis of information and statistics related to your area of responsibility to the EUV management (e.g. safety incidents or near misses)
- Design, development, and delivery of training, and learning management system administration as required;
- Conducting audits and reviews of key service safety programs and training, including Hazardous Energy Control, Electrical Safety, Laser Safety, Fall Protection and Hazard Communication
- Work on weekends may become a temporary shift schedule depending on customer needs
- Working both independently, and in a team environment
- Can be part of a multi-national team of engineers
- Attend all necessary meetings in person or by telecommunicating.
- Work with the EUV Administrator, Project Coordinator and Supervisor for coordinating correct field support
- Utilize SIS Software to create, manage and close cases, missions and reports
- Use knowledge of SAP software and other computer skills as required
- Maintain communication with customers, Field Service Engineers and other TRUMPF Inc. personnel in a professional manner, with strict adherence to TRUMPF Inc. policies (see Employee Handbook and Service Manual)
- Stay up to date with new product introductions and safety rules
- Attend training classes as required to maintain skill levels
- Ability to relocate to Portland, OR
- Any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by management
- Adhere to all company guidelines
- Up to 100% travel, as determined by management
- Must maintain Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to obtain a Passport, a credit card and rent a vehicle when needed
- Unrestricted ability to travel throughout North America, Europe and Asia
- Occasional overnights as needed
- Normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office, and ability to conduct normal amount of work on a computer
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 70lbs.
Education & Experience
- Three or more years of demonstrated occupational safety work experience in a technical service environment such as rigging, machinery installation, electrical contracting, or similar general industry or construction business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field
- Demonstrated experience working according NFPA70E standards
- Prior demonstrated work experience applying federal and state occupational safety regulations within a combination manufacturing and service business model.
- Excellent verbal, written and digital communication skills; including data analysis, regulatory research, technical report preparation and presentation skills, and working in remote teams.
- Excellent time management and independent work skills to plan and organize a multitude of concurrent assignments, with a focus on meeting deadlines and providing deliverables on time.
- Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
"All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status."
Apply for Environmental Health & Safety Officer - EUV using the link below:
TRUMPF is and will remain a family business. The following five members of our management holding ensure continuity and constant development. We are looking forward to your online application Ms Jennings from the personnel area
What your future colleagues say